Position Announcement: 14th Dean, College of Management, National Sun Yat-sen University
The College of Management of National Sun Yat-sen University (NSYSU) has formed a Dean Selection Committee and is seeking applications for the position of Dean. The Dean’s term of office will run from Feb. 1st, 2022 to Jan. 31st, 2025. We may provide a subsidy on top of the salary to a qualified overseas professor, in accordance with our Subsidy Regulations.
- Candidate Qualifications:
- The candidate must be a Full Professor, or a scholar/expert qualified as a Full Professor.
- The candidate must have a distinguished academic reputation and related practical experience in the field of management.
- Based on the Regulations Regarding Extension of Retirement for Professors and Associate Professors as a Public School President, the age of the candidate should be less than 62 at the starting date of the appointment.
- Candidates from mainland China must have acquired citizenship and a passport from another country and be able to enter Taiwan with that passport.
- Application Methods:
- Self-application: Qualified candidates can submit applications directly. At least two recommendation letters should be included.
- Nominations: Nominations should be made jointly by at least three full-time faculty members in the College of Management, NSYSU. A Candidate Consent Form should be included and duly signed by the candidate.
- Application Documents:
- Application Form.
- Comprehensive CV (free format).
- Comprehensive plan for the management of the college (free format).
- At least two recommendation letters for self-applicants.
- Nomination Letters and Candidate Consent Form for nominated candidates.
- Important Dates for Candidates:
Sep. 22nd, 2021 (Wednesday): Meeting of candidates with Dean Selection Committee members.
Sep. 29th, 2021(Wednesday): Presentations to all faculties of the College of Management.
Oct. 6th, 2021(Wednesday): Second meeting of candidates with Dean Selection Committee members.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our Dean Selection Committee reserves the right to adjust the aforementioned events to physical, virtual or hybrid forms in accordance with the pandemic prevention measurements regulated by the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) and the university epidemic prevention team.
- Deadline for Applications:
Applications should be received by the Dean Selection Committee by 5pm on Sep. 15th, 2021.
- Contact Info:
Dean Selection Committee
College of Management
National Sun Yat-sen University
No.70 Lien Hai Road Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 804
For more information, please contact:
Mrs. Min-Hua Lee
Tel: + 886-7-525-4505
Fax: + 886-7-525-4599
Or visit our website for the latest updates on this announcement.
Note: If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the Chinese version shall prevail.