4 AACSB Accreditation
Top 6% students
14 Dual/ Double Degrees
81 partner universities
93 Full-Time Faculty Members
More than 2,600 students
6 Graduate Institutes
The College of Management is an AACSB accredited research-oriented institution, the first in Taiwan to receive such an accreditation. It attracts many outstanding scholars, overseas and domestic alike, to work in the College's research and teaching environment.
Become one of Asia’s leading management colleges exemplified by outstanding research, learning, innovation, and practical collegiate social responsibility and engagement.
The mission of the College of Management is to cultivate academic research, develop top managerial talents with global perspectives, and promote sustainable social responsibility in collaboration with academic, business, and societal stakeholders.
Our College formulates and implements policies to carry out our strategic goals aimed at boosting globalization. We foresee to build up a campus with ethical diversity as well as to nurture competitive talents in a rapidly changing global business environment. Our College has actively established financial operations mechanisms, integrated operations, and faculty & staff development, and strengthens industrial collaborations and business partnerships. To carry out the fundamental policies effectively, we have set up four-fold strategic goals:
- Develop a Renowned Research Environment: Our goal is to facilitate and maintain a high-quality scholarship environment aligned with the mission of the College as well as to encourage faculty members to publish in top-tier journals.
- Encourage Teaching Innovation: Our goal is to prepare students for front edge knowledge and practices with teaching innovation approaches, and for great ability in critical judgment, communication, and ethical awareness, leadership and teamwork in a global business environment.
- Create an International-Friendly Campus: Our goal is to develop an internationalized campus with a diverse ethnic background, and provide high-quality English-taught degrees and programs that promote academic success and personal growth.
- Social Engagement and Impact: Our goal is to expand our role in consultancy and social responsibility, and to ensure that our graduates meet the highest standards in social and economic responsibility.
In line with our missions and vision, our College aims to cultivate our students into leaders with global perspectives who bear ethical values in minds constantly, communicate effectively, solve problems logically, and work with practitioners with their professional knowledge in an admirable ethical business environment. To fulfill this, we have set up five-fold educational goals:
- Ethics and Social Responsibility Practices: Educate students to abide by business ethics and professional conducts, to demonstrate social care, and to enact social responsibility practices.
- Communication Skills: Train students with sophisticated communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills: Cultivate students with adequate problem solving skills
- Professional Expertise: Polish students with professional knowledge and competence
- Global Visions: Nurture students with global viewpoints and perspectives.
The College has more than 18,000 alumni till now. About half of our alumni have stayed in Southern Taiwan to become a major human resource force in the local economy, while the other part expands its outreach in other parts or overseas. Because of our high selectivity of students, our alumni perform very well in their careers. The EMBA alumni are particularly influential due to their strong background. For instance, the mayors of Kaohsiung and Pintung Cities are both alumni of the College, as are many business CEO’s in southern Taiwan are also our alumni.
Chronicle of the College of Management
- 1980 Establishment of Department of Business Management
- 1984 Establishment of Department of Information Management
- 1986 Establishment of Department of Finance
- 1992 Establishment of Institute of Public Affairs Management
- 1993 Establishment of Institute of Human Resource Management
- 1997 Establishment of Institute of Communications Management (2014 Change to Institute of Marketing Communications)
- 1998 Establishment of Executive MBA
- 2002 Establishment of Institute of Heath Care Management (2014 combined into Department of Business Management)
- 2005 Accredited by AACSB International
- 2006 Establishment of International Business MBA (in English)
- 2010 Accredited by AACSB International
- 2013 Establishment of Global Human Resource Management MBA (in English)
- 2015 Accredited by AACSB International
- 2020 Accredited by AACSB International
- The first college in Taiwan to be accredited by AACSB, 2005
- Ranked in the excellent category (one of four) in National University Evaluation conducted by the Ministry of Education, 2006
- Ranked among top 50 MIS programs worldwide, in terms of papers published in top ten journals, 2006
- Ranked 2nd in National EMBA ranking by Cheers Magazine, a highly-recognized publication in business and professionals, 2006
- Ranked 43th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2007
- Ranked 3rd most popular business school graduates for corporation on Best University Guide 2008, Taiwan
- Ranked 49th in Financial Times Global MS-Finance ranking, and 2nd in Taiwan, 2008
- Ranked 57th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 2nd in Taiwan, 2008
- Ranked 48th in Financial Times Global MS-IM ranking, and 2nd in Taiwan, 2009
- Ranked 48th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 2nd in Taiwan, 2009
- The first college in Taiwan to be re-accredited by AACSB, 2010
- Ranked 68th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and ranked in the top five in Taiwan by Cheers Magazine, 2013.
- Ranked 37th in the World’s Best New Universities division and the highest ranking in Taiwan by Times Higher Education.
- Ranked 83th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and ranked in the top five in Taiwan by Cheers Magazine, 2014.
- The first national college in Taiwan to be re-accredited by AACSB, 2015
- Sun Yat-sen Management Review was granted a full mark by TSSCI Journal, 2015
- Ranked 64th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and ranked in the top five in Taiwan by Cheers Magazine, 2015.
- EMBA of College of Management was voted as the third place in Taiwan in’’ the most recommended and most attractive EMBA’’ in the survey from 3000 managers in 2016. EMBA was also ranked as the first place in Southern Taiwan in the survey of the most attractive EMBA program. Moreover, EMBA was assessed as the first place with the highest score in Taiwan in the Satisfaction Survey from alumni, 2015.
- Ranked 1st in Taiwan in the 3 Palmes League as “Excellent Business Schools with Reinforcing International Influence” in 2014 Eduniversal ranking of 1000 Best Business Schools in the world, 2015.
- Ranked 64th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2015
- Ranked 87th in Financial Times Global Masters in Management (MiM) ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2016
- Ranked 85th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2016
- Ranked 2nd in Taiwan in the 3 Palmes League as “Excellent Business Schools with Reinforcing International Influence” in Eduniversal ranking of 1000 Best Business Schools in the world, 2017
- Ranked 90th in Financial Times Global Masters in Management (MiM) ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2017
- Ranked 69th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2017
- Ranked 19th in Financial Times Asia-Pacific Business Schools ranking, 2017
- Ranked 201-250th in QS World University Rankings by Subjects (Business and Management), 2018
- Six departments and institutes of the College were on the top 5 of the Best Masters & MBAs Ranking in far East area, 2018
- Ranked 100th in Financial Times Global Masters in Management (MiM) ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2018
- Ranked 86th in Financial Times Global EMBA ranking, and 1st in Taiwan, 2018
- Ranked 21th in Financial Times Asia-Pacific Business Schools ranking, 2018
- Ranked 23th in Times Higher Education(THE) Masters in Finance ranking, 2018
- Ranked 201-250th in QS World University Rankings by Subjects (Business and Management/ Accounting and Finance), 2019
- Sun Yat-sen Management Review won second place in management journal field of " The 2019 Academic Impact Awards - the Knowledge Communication Award " given by National Central Library, 2019
- 7 Programs at College of Management Ranked on 2019 Eduniversal Best Masters and MBA Programs Ranking, 2019
- The Department of Business Management, National Sun Yat-sen University (NSYSU) ranked 98th on UK Financial Times MiM Ranking, 2019
- College of Management Awarded 4 Palmes of Excellence by Eduniversal, 2019
- EMBA, NSYSU Ranked 88th in Financial Times Top 100 EMBA programmes Ranking 2019
- The first national college in Taiwan to be re-accredited for the third times by AACSB, 2020
- First in Taiwan: IBMBA made it 85th place to the Financial Times 2020 Master in Management Ranking
About National Sun Yat-sen University