Department of Information Management
The Department of Information Management at National Sun Yat-sen University, founded in 1984, along with the Department of Information Management at National Chengchi University, were the first national universities in Taiwan to establish an information management department. Since then, we have been the first in Taiwan to establish a master’s program, a doctoral program, a 2-year junior college program, and a part-time master’s program in information management. In 2001, the 2-year junior college program was transformed into a part-time e-commerce master’s program in response to the school's positioning and the advent of the e-commerce era. In terms of continuing education, we were the first to offer a master's credit program in information management and an online master's program. In 2017, we launched the Online Master of Business Administration in Electronic Commerce and Business Analytics program, which marks our full advancement into the era of e-learning.
- The most comprehensive academic programs
We have comprehensive programs including the doctoral program, master's programs, part-time master's programs, undergraduate programs and master's credit programs.
- A complete pathway to higher education and a sound guaranteed employment program
- A five-year program to obtain a bachelor's degree and a master's degree, providing a complete education path for students with outstanding academic performance
- Active promotion of the guaranteed employment program in cooperation with the University
- Leading e-learning system : The Department was the first to establish an online master's credit class (1999) and has enrolled more than 2,000 students from all over Taiwan. In 2017, we started to offer the part-time MBA program in electronic commerce and business analytics, which was conducted through online streaming, online teaching, and regular lectures at the campus. As for the conventional courses, we also actively use the online teaching system as an aid to achieve the best teaching performance. In 2017, we also started to offer the online part-time master's program.
- Global perspective：To cultivate talents with a global perspective.
- 1984 Undergraduate program —The first national university in Taiwan to establish a department of information
- 1989 Master's program The first master's program in information management in Taiwan
- 1995 Doctoral program The first doctoral program in information management in Taiwan
- 1996 Undergraduate program (night school) The night-time undergraduate program was transformed into a 2-year in-service junior college program in 1997.
- 1999 Part-time MBA in Information Management The first in-service Master of Information Management program in Taiwan; Since 2011, the program has been sub-divided into the information management group and the service science group.
- 2017 Part-time Online MBA in Electronic Commerce and Business Analytics The program was reviewed and certified by the Ministry of Education in 2016 (2nd batch) for part-time e-learning master's program and distance courses.
- TEL：(07)525-2000 4702, 4704, 4705